In this unusual year, when travelling and getting together is not that easy, spend one day learning, thinking, exploring and discussing the most important topics that do not get the attention they deserve in our busy lives. You can join us in this all-about-wellness half a day course brought to you by 4 renowned experts with a leading track record in their fields*.
The course is followed by a 45 minutes questions and discussion session with the experts over a virtual drink.
Live, interactive and personalised to YOUR questions
Unlike many of the other available online courses, this interactive live course is personalised to YOUR questions. In addition to the ample opportunity to interact with the experts, you will be interacting with other like-minded participants. Another unique feature of the course is that it is taught by a team of four distinguished professors, scientists and practitioners. This provides our clients with an opportunity to learn directly from the key experts on each topic. All taught information is carefully evaluated and scientifically verified.
A wealth of knowledge about you
The course brings to you a wealth of knowledge about you, including:
1. Turning pressure into strength
- Discover, take charge and enjoy your own world.
- Bring out the stronger version of you (the capacity of your body and mind) – helping your genes to express positively.
- Minimise the impact of heavy workload on health.
- Explore the full potential of your ‘inner’ strength.
- Control impact of expectations.
- Reframe what-can-be a difficult situation.
- Achieve work-life balance.
2. Building and using physical health effectively
- Plan and conduct physical activity that is not subconsciously resisted by the mind.
- Bring physical exercise in tune with your mind and body.
- Learn about the power of outdoor activities for wellness.
3. Understanding the power of relationships
- Understand relationship complexities and strengthen your close relationships.
- Achieve your ideal self through relationships.
- Learn how your social relationships and certain personality traits (e.g., attachment styles, self-esteem, self-respect, narcissism, self-control, self-regulatory mode, etc.) interact to affect motivation and wellbeing.
- Recognize and learn from the dynamics of internal conflict produced by wanting to satisfy your own needs vs. the needs of others.
4. All about sleep
- Sleep quality
- Link of sleep and performance
Ask any questions in many areas, including psychology, genetics, wellbeing, communication, fitness
In the question and discussion session you can ask our experts your questions, tapping into their wide expertise, including in:
- Psychology of humans
- Psychology of couple relationships
- Psychology of social relationships
- Personal growth strivings and the ideal self
- Personality traits and interplay with social environment
- Mental health
- Talent development
- Psychological and behavioural problems
- Learning problems
- Protecting from media and other influences
- Physical fitness
- Protecting from finances and health from disputes (effectively managing disputes)
- Your and other’s decision-making
- Genetics and what genetic information means
- Potential use of own genetic data
** Experts at W-s
Professor Yulia Kovas: A geneticist and psychologist with five degrees and many awards; with training in literature, pedagogy, psychology, genetics; with experience in many countries including the UK, the USA, the Russian Federation; who directs a number of labs and research teams. Current roles include: Professor of Genetics and Psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London, Visiting Professor at New York University, Sussex University, Higher School of Economics and Sirius University; Director of the International Centre for Research on Human Development; Director of InLab; member of numerous committees (e.g. ethics, research).
Dr Madoka Kumashiro: A personality and social psychologist specialising in the interplay of self and relational processes on motivation, personal growth, and well-being, with numerous publications on a variety of different topics. Currently based at Goldsmiths, University of London, she has also spent time conducting research in many countries including the UK, USA, Netherlands, and Germany (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, New York University, Lafayette College, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, University of Hamburg) and has collaborated with researchers from multiple other countries around the world. She is also an outdoor enthusiast and a certified coach of stand-up paddle boarding, who personally understands the importance of outdoor activities for well-being.
Fatos Selita: A barrister of England and Wales, an Attorney of the New York State, a former Military Officer (degree trained), who has read for three different first degrees (strategy, law, engineering); with professional training in genetics and psychology; with experience in many countries including the US, the UK, continental Europe, the United Nations, the Russian Federation. Currently a Researcher on legal protection against misuses of genetic data; a Director of AIR Courses at Goldsmiths, University of London; Lecturer and Head of Institute of Law and Ethics at Tomsk State University; Visiting lecturer in a number of other universities (e.g. Oregon State University); Co-founder of TAGC; Founder of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA); Executive Publisher of Legal Issues Journal; who also delivers training on public speaking, decision-making; advocacy; persuasion; mind influences; and genetics and law.
Professor Alice Gregory: Alice is a Professor of Psychology with several diverse research areas, and a number of awards. Her expertise includes the relationship between sleep and psychopathology, behavioural genetics, sleep paralysis and exploding head syndrome; and currently researches at Goldsmiths, University of London. She has published two books – Nodding Off, Bloomsbury, 2018; Sleepy Pebble, Nobrow. She regularly contributes articles to the media and has had her work published in outlets including the Guardian, BBC Focus, GQ UK, Sud Ouest, Slate Fr, Independent.
To book the whole course for you or your group, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
W-s is a consultancy which brings together world-leading experts to provide science-based personalised advice and training in wellbeing and continuous self-fulfilment.
You can find out more about W-s here.